The State Key Laboratory of IOTSC regularly has multiple openings each year for fully-funded PhD students in the following research areas:
1 Application Deadline
Applicants should visit https://grs.um.edu.mo/ for more details, and apply ONLINE. The application durations are as follows:
– To be admitted in 1st Semester: 16 October 2019 to 28 February 2020
2.1 UM Macao PhD Scholarship
The applicant should have bachelor or master degree with proven academic records, including degree certificate(s), academic awards, publications, etc. The top-ranked applicants with outstanding academic achievements or potential will be selected for the Scholarship.
The PhD Scholarship provides each awardee with a monthly stipend of MOP20,000 and a conference or research-related travel allowance up to MOP10,000 per academic year for a period up to 4 years.
2.2 UM PhD Assistantship
The applicant should have bachelor or master degree with proven academic records, including degree certificate(s), academic awards, publications, etc.
The PhD assistantship can be supported by either UM centralized funding or principal investigator (PI)’s research funding, and it provides each new recipient with a starting monthly stipend of MOP12,500 (up to MOP14,000).
3 Additional Notes
- Applicants seeking full-time PhD study in the UM should submit application for the MPDS or UM PhD assistantship simultaneously when submitting the online application to PhD programmes via the online application system (https://isw.umac.mo/naweb_grs/faces/index.jspx).
- Tuition & any other kinds of fees that may incur during the course of studies will not be covered by the Scholarship or Assistantship (see https://www.um.edu.mo/grs/en/tuition_fees.php).
- On-campus housing is available (with costs) for every student & postdoc. Please check the prices at http://www.umac.mo/sao/srs/sh/aboutus/cn/srs_management.php.
- We suggest each applicant confirms with your target supervisor before you submit the application.