The grid-connected converter (GC) for distributed generators can be involved in power quality conditioning in urban distribution system by modifying its control strategy. To fully utilize power control capability of GC provides a low-cost solution for improving energy efficiency in urban distribution system. First, the characteristics of the inductive-coupling GC and capacitive-coupling GC are analyzed and compared. Secondly, control strategies of GCs are investigated, focusing on parameter design of proportional resonant controller and coupling impedance selection. GCs can be used to implement active power control, reactive power conditioning and harmonic suppression with the proposed control. In order to develop coordinative control for multi-converter in power distribution system, improved droop-control methods are studied. Power sharing among multi-converter is also studied for achieving low-cost, low-loss operation of urban distribution network.
- Lao, K. W., Dai, N. Y.,Sheng, J. J., , “An improved closed-loop droop control technique for higher utilization of power output capability in CCI” International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 109 : 455-469, 2019
- Lao, K. W., Deng, W. Y., Sheng, J. J., Dai, N. Y.,” PQ-Coupling Strategy for Droop Control in Grid-Connected Capacitive-Coupled Inverter”, IEEE Access, 7(1):31663-31671, 2019
- Ye, T., Dai, N. Y., Lao, K. W., Lam, C. S., Wong, M. C.,” Low DC voltage PV generation system with power factor correction and harmonic suppression capability in a distribution network” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 13(7): 1049-1056, 2019
- Ye, T., Dai, N. Y., Lam, C. S., Wong, M. C., Guerrero, J. M. “Analysis, design and implementation of a quasi-proportional-resonant controller for multifunctional capacitive-coupling grid-connected inverter.” IEEE Trans. Industry Application. 52(5): 4269-4280, 2016
- Dai, N. Y., Zhang, W. C., Wong, M. C., Guerrero, J. M., Lam, C. S. “Analysis, control and experimental verification of a single-phase capacitive-coupling grid connected inverter.” IET Power Electronics, 8(5) :770-782, 2015.