Tao Xu 徐涛
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Macau, Macau, China, 03. 2019 – Present
- PhD in Civil Engineering, Ghent University, Belgium, Nov. 2014 – Dec. 2018
- Master in Civil Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, Aug. 2012 – Jul. 2014
- E. in Civil Engineering, Northwest University for Nationalities, China, Sep. 2007 – Jun. 2011
- International mobility fund, Ghent University, 2017-2018
- Doctoral scholarship, China Scholarship Council, 2015-2018
- Doctoral scholarship, Universiade International Scholarship Foundation, 2014-2015
- Intelligent decision in metro tunnel construction
- Tunnels & Tunnelling
- Physical modelling in Geotechnics
- Unsaturated soil mechanics
5.1 Journal paper
- Tao Xu*, Adam Bezuijen, 2018. Bentonite slurry infiltration in sand, filter cake formation under various conditions. Géotechnique. DOI: 10.1680/jgeot.18.p.094. (JCR Q1)
- Rui Chen, Tao Xu*, Weidong Lei, Yanru Zhao, Jie Qiao, 2018. Impact of multiple drying-wetting cycles on shear behaviour of an unsaturated compacted clay. Environmental Earth Science 77 (19): 683. (JCR Q3)
- Tao Xu*, Adam Bezuijen, 2018. Pressure infiltration characteristics of bentonite slurry. Géotechnique. DOI: 10.1680/jgeot.17.T.026. (JCR Q1)
- Tao Xu*, Adam Bezuijen, 2018. Analytical methods in predicting excess pore water pressure in front of slurry shield in saturated sandy ground. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 73, pp. 203-211. (JCR Q1)
- Gang Deng, Tao Xu, Rui Chen, Zhao Lu, Jian Liu, 2017. Numerical analysis on stabilizing mechanism of soil nails in steep fill slopes subjected to rainfall infiltration using a hypoplastic model. Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-017-2937-9. (JCR Q3)
5.2 Conference paper
- Tao Xu, Adam Bezuijen, Zhao Lu, 2019. Pressure infiltration characteristics of foam for EPB (earth pressure balance) shield tunnelling. 16th Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, At: Taipei.
- Tao Xu, Adam Bezuijen, Zhao Lu, 2019. Pressure infiltration of sandy foam at the tunnel face during EPB shield tunnelling. 2019 World Tunnel Congress, At: Naples.
- Tao Xu, Adam Bezuijen, 2018. Experimental modelling of infiltration of bentonite slurry in front of shield tunnel in saturated sand. 9th International Conference of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, At: London.
- Adam Bezuijen, Tao Xu, 2018. Excess pore water pressures in front of a tunnel face when drilling in a semiconfined aquifer. WTC 2018, At: Dubai.
- Tao Xu, Adam Bezuijen, Tiago Dias. 2017. Slurry infiltration ahead of slurry TBM’s in saturated sand: laboratory tests and consequences for practice. Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground – 9th International Symposium (IS-São Paulo) At: São Paulo, Brazil.
- Adam Bezuijen, Tao Xu, Tiago Dias, 2017. Pore pressures in front of a slurry shield: development and decline. EURO:TUN 2017 – 4th International Conference on Computational Methods in Tunneling and Subsurface Engineering At: Innsbruck, Austria.
- Tao Xu, Adam Bezuijen, 2016. Slurry infiltration tests for slurry shield tunneling in saturated sand. 13th International Conference of Underground Construction At: Prague.
6 Contact Details
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Macau, E11
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa,